Remarketing Campaign Guidelines
Remarketing Campaign Guidelines
Remarketing is like following people around with a billboard advertisement without them knowing they are being purposefully followed. In one study, 84% of website visitors are regained through re-marketing.
In my own experience, remarketing has proven to be the lowest cost and highest return of any investment in advertising that I have seen. A good campaign gets about a 30% conversion rate. – Thomas
Remarketing is a powerful, proven method of increasing sales, trust, credibility and brand recognition.
Below are the top 4 most popular image ad sizes, they comprise the majority of all display ads on the internet. If your budget for design is limited, I would say at least create these four ads. There are a total of 16 different display ad sizes, if you have the time and can afford the design, it would be wise to get all 16 remarketing ad sizes made.
- Image ads (the 4 most popular sizes)
You can also check out some real life remarketing ad designs. We’ve made thousands of ads over the last 7 years. All made with psychological intent in color, imagery and wording, with bright attract colors and research background research on what catches the eye in each target market.
Remarketing Audience Options
It is best to have different ads for every different service.The amount of people you get to turn into sales is higher and the cost is usually less. It’s called micro-targeting. So if you are a roofing contractor that provides roofing for residential and commercial roofs, have two sets of ads that target people went landed on either residential or commercial roofing pages in your site. The chances of regaining and retaining that customer is higher the more well targeted you make your display ads.
- Abandoned Carts
- Product Detail Pages
- Thank You Page
- Homepage (people who left within 10 seconds)
- Jobs (target people who visited a job listing or career section)
- Other Sites – remember to tag other websites you control as well, such as a blog, or mini-sites
- Newsletter – you can tag your newsletter
- Behind the Login – target current customers only if needed
Making remarketing campaigns or adgroups that are holiday specific also generate a lot of extra sales, and you can set it on a schedule so it turns itself on and off at specific times. So once it’s set up, you don’t have to do anything else except watch the sales come in.
- Holiday campaigns
- St Patty’s
- 4th of July
- Thanksgiving (Black Friday)
Re-Capturing Lost Customers
- Visitor looks at a product but doesn’t buy
- Visitor now sees that product being advertised at a discount on the net 😉
You can follow people based on products they saw online, this is through e-commerce online stores and it’s called retargeting instead of remarketing. Retargeting is when you follow people with items they looked at online or had placed in their carts. it is very low cost and very effective and recapturing sales.
Awesome Remarketing Tips
- 7-2pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday are the best times for turning people into sales for business
- Wednesday afternoon at 3 is the best time for promoting an event, contest or giveaway
- Use a script to determine information about the customer such as male/female, and tag the page they land on after selection so you can advertise based on gender or interest
- Ads start appearing after a certain amount of time has passed, say week 1 or week 2
Set Up Remarketing Guide
- First, you’ll need to create/log into your Adwords account and perform the following steps:
- Click the “Campaigns” tab.
- Click into “Audiences.”
- Click “Add audiences.”
- Select the campaign or ad group that will be the target of your remarketing.
- In the section labeled “Add audiences,” click remarketing lists.
- There will be a “Create and manage lists” link towards the bottom. After clicking it, the audience setting tab will open.
- Click into the new audience drop down and click remarketing list. This will open a new panel.
- Fill in the required fields. It’s best practice to clearly label what audience you’re targeting in the “Remarketing list name” field for future reference and modifications. NOTE: Membership duration is the length of time visitors will stay in your remarketing list(s). It automatically sets itself to 30 days, but you can change it depending on the length of your sales cycle.
- In tags, select the radio button for create new remarketing tag.
- Click save and “continue,” then “save.”